OLD WEBSITE. NEW WEBSITE: www.rpnations.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OLD WEBSITE. NEW WEBSITE: www.rpnations.net

NEW WEBSITE EVERYBODY MOVE TO THERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE: www.rpnations.net

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

*IMPORTANT* The Future of RPNations!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Patane
Admin
Patane

*IMPORTANT* The Future of RPNations! Empty
PostSubject: *IMPORTANT* The Future of RPNations!   *IMPORTANT* The Future of RPNations! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 4:43 pm

The Future of RPNations!

As many of you would probably already know, the world you all played on is gone Sad
unfortunately, the whole world is gone and i cannot get it back. I know if you had a lot of stuff, you will be pissed, but believe me, i know how it feels.
ALTHOUGH
Me and danrox have been discussing what we are going to do, and we decided the final decision recently.

What is Happening?
We are moving Hosting Providers from Servercraft to BeastNode.
Also, by the time 1.8 comes out (probably before we move from Servercraft to BeastNode), we will create a brand new world(WITH EVERYTHING FROM 1.8), but we will copy over TERRORVALE, the SPLEEF ARENA, and the BATTLE ARENA. (I have these things from a really old save of the world, before it went Public)

Why?
At Servercraft, the support is slow, we have max 768MB of ram, which makes the server slow, and basically overall, is not that good.
At BeastNode, we get:
- Instant Setup
- Apparently they have 24/7 support (we'll see about that LOL)
- VERY high powerful CPU
- Very low latency (fast connection)
- FREE Mumble Hosting (so you can talk with microphones on the server or something :S)
- FREE web hosting, so we could have our own website for the server (we will most likely keep this forum though)
- 1-42 Slots (So MAX 42 people can be on at once)
- 1536MB of RAM (1.5GB, Servercraft is only 768MB)
- Dedicated IP (So we can possibly make the ip something like... RPNations.net... POSSIBLY)

and thats about it. BeastNode offers alot more than servercraftso thats good.

What about all the stuff I have made?
Well, Me (Patane) and danrox, as the two admins, will help you rebuild your stuff with the best admin tools like world-edit, which can make stuff really quickly! Everything will be categorised in Priority of importantness, so don't expect to be the first persons to be helped, but YOU WILL BE HELPED!
If you want to get your house/building/watever on the list to be remade by the admins, try to PM either, Shocksniper4, thechodusbrother or strikeout99.

When will this happen?
When the server will be getting the Upgrade

What do we do in the meantime?
Well, in the meantime, you can play on the new world that I generated, and start playing on there! Basically at the moment, its full on survival! Who will come out on top? Notch

Anything else?
Yes!...
DONATE! It is what will help us have a much better server for lots and LOTS of people to play on! Very Happy
ALSO, with the 'FREE web hosting', in this, we might somehow add a LIVE map of the server!

Post here for any questions or queries...

Last edited by Patane on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpnations.forumotion.com
ThePennyRebel

ThePennyRebel

*IMPORTANT* The Future of RPNations! Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT* The Future of RPNations!   *IMPORTANT* The Future of RPNations! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:30 pm

This sounds really good!!!! Can't wait to get started. I won't need any help rebuilding (because building is half the fun!) but it would be cool once if I could get a shit load of red and white wool blocks to remake my farm (I've read that 1.8 will have more farming options...yey!). Im going to make my farm even bigger and better than it originally was too! Ive got loadsa ideas that i have been trying out in single player too. WHOO HOO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepenciltree.blogspot.com

*IMPORTANT* The Future of RPNations!
Page 1 of 1